Monday, April 7, 2008

Punch

Punch magazine was a British humor and satire magazine published weekly between 1841 and 2002.  I recently purchased a stack at a garage sale dated 1970-1973.  I don't get much of the humor because it is based largely on politics and media I didn't experience. However, this ad featuring the ultimate swanky London bachelor pad from a 1972 edition caught my eye.  

Extra long shag carpeting?  Check.  

Color-coordinated phone with extension cord for chatting up birds while lounging on the extra long shag carpeting?  Check.

Androgynous David Bowie album?  Check.

Multiple ferns?  Check.

Chrome accented furniture?  Check.



Here is a cover from a different 1972 edition that caught my eye.  I don't even know what to say about this.  The art inside is even worse.


2 comments:

tracy said...

I don't know what to say about that, either, but I fear that the magazine thought it was being progressive...?

tracy said...

uh, is this supposed to be progressive?